It took me a long time to move over to FaceBook, not wanting to get hooked on anything else on the computer. I have to say, I'm so glad I joined, not that it's better. It's just different. I enjoy the profile pages of friends on My Space, learning and seeing more of their personality. I also like the blog sections, can't you tell? Ha!
What I do like most about FaceBook is connecting with so many old friends from school and childhood. I've even reconnected with cousins I haven't seen in ages. It's been fun to catch up with them and see a little piece of their lives as it unfolds thru out the day.
FaceBook has made it possible to participate in lives I care about, who, quite honestly, were long forgotten. No way would I sit and write letters to all these and send them snail-mail.
I am not a fan of all the games and apps., in fact I keep them hidden. I call it virtual trash.
And I am NOT going to succumb to the twitter gang. No, absolutely not.
Funny, that's what I said about FaceBook.
Mary Ann: I said the same thing about Facebook before, too. Ha!
ReplyDeleteJennifer: I remember when Mary and I were too cool for Myspace (the first time).
ReplyDeleteDianna: As did I, Mary...... and I am not ever doing the Twitter thing either. Does anyone really care that.......
ReplyDeleteDianna just seezed.
Dianna is changing a diaper.
Dianna just went to the store.
Dianna is watching Heroes.
Dianna is on the pot.
Dianna is craving sugar.
Dianna wonders if anyone hates Obama as much as she.
Dianna thinks her church rocks.
Dianna is running up to Home Depot.
Dianna is paying bills and balancing the check book.
Come on people. Maybe it is just me but jeeeezzzzz.
Mark: Just to defend Twitter a little. It's not just things you are doing. You're supposed to post things of INTEREST to people, or thoughts on something, or maybe something out of the ordinary that you're doing. For my friends that do those things, I do care. And I don't at all reading what they're up to. Most of them don't "tweet" boring daily things though. Twitter is also nice to follow news events, interesting articles, news of bands, announcements of any kind, not just people and the things they do.
ReplyDeleteMom, so glad you're joining the bandwagons the last couple of years. Good to see you in the online world too!