Now, one might be thinking," hmm, is she a fair weathered fan? Never heard her speak of football before." No, I'm not. I've just never been passionate about any team since the Oilers let us down in 1978. I was all hyped up about them, got my boys all the oiler gear I could get my hands on, then PLOP!! Astros did the same thing to me. I just decided it wasn't worth it.
To be honest, I can attribute my pull for the Saints to 2 people--my dad and my cousin. I enjoyed watching LSU and the Saints play whenever I was home with my parents. And then there's my cousin...Sheri... Met up with her on Facebook after years of knowing nothing going on in her life. I quickly saw what stirred her up. LSU and Saints, also. She would comment and keep us up on the games, when we weren't able to see it. Honey, she could make an ant race seem exciting. Her enthusiasm is contagious.
So I started keeping up with the Saints and watching when I could. What a team and coach they have. Awesome!!!! Drew Brees is for sure on the radar now. He's up there with the best of them.
I am so glad something uplifting has happened for New Orleans. And for Louisiana. And of course for the Saints. They were the underdog for so long. It's been a long climb, but they finally made it to the top.
As for me? I will be watching all the Saints games in the future and being their #1 fan in this household.
That's the way I see it!! WHO DAT!!!!
Added the next night....just got thru watching the superbowl on NFL network again. I don't think it will ever get old. Such a great game..sweet!! through and through!!!! This time you could hear the coaches and players talking.
Now! THAT'S the way I see it. WHO DAT !!!
No comments:
Post a Comment