Say what you will about "My Space" and "Facebook". There are some cruel people out there bullying more vunerable people, mainly teenagers. Just as the type can be used to hurt someone, it can also be used to heal, which is the case for Melanie and me. We were better at sharing our hearts thru type than in person.
Another thread that tied us was our love for family - how proud we are of our children-our regrets for mistakes in raising them. Having to back off while they live their lives.
The third thread was enjoying making people smile or laugh. Now, I admit, people probably do more laughing AT me than WITH me, but I'll take it.
The last of the 4 is our love for cats. We share this thread with her sister Cherry also. She had real concerns as to what would happen to Oreo. I have the same concerns as does Wayne. That being said, unless Oreo has a better offer, we would like to take Oreo home with us and thus have a piece of Melanie's heart in loving her cat.
Just a quick update on Oreo. Someone accidently let Oreo out of the apartment the day before we were to take him home. We looked all over and called for him, but were unsuccessful in finding him. There are so many places for him to hide, and he's been known to stay away unless he hears Melanie whistle for him. Maybe his luck will be as it was when he happened on to Melanie. They just sort of adopted one another.
Take care, Oreo, we hope you show up soon and we can bring you home.
Rest in peace, Melanie, you are surely loved and missed. Still hard to believe.
This is only me labeling as I see it.
Libby! I didn't know you were blogging! (Should have guessed though. :) ) Thanks for your kind and encouraging words. I will indeed ask when I need help. You are so kind to offer. Love you, friend. Gwen
ReplyDelete