Sunday, August 22, 2010

The Applause of Heaven

I went home to visit my parents this weekend. When I leave to come back to my home, a cloud of sadness comes over me. It last for a couple of hours, as I'm driving. I'm thinking how I hate to leave, wishing I lived closer, wondering if this would be my last time to see them, and how sweet the visits are. Well, God must have gotten a hold of my thought life, because I started rejoicing for the time I DO have with them. It changed my whole outlook.

On the drive up and back, I listened to a new cd. The one special song I kept playing over and over is The Applause of Heaven. This is for Aunt Edna, Aunt Margie, Jean, Uncle Roy, Melanie, Gordon, Ken, Ed, Kathy and last but not least Bill. And these are just the latest of the saints who have left us for a while. The most important words go as follows:

when their race is over, this is what they'll hear
They will hear the applause of Heaven
Another crosses Jordan's chilly tide
They will see the host of Heaven
As they rise to celebrate the child
who faithfully walked every mile
to find the heavens stand up and applaud
as they run into the arms of God.

If this isn't enough to cheer one up. This is just what I needed. SOLITUDE! Driving to keep me captive in my truck for a 5 hour trip. The Lord really drilled the words to these songs in my heart, especially this one.

Thank you, Father, for my time with you this weekend. I'm sorry you had to hold me captive in my truck to straighten me out. Thank you for the teaching I heard this morning at my parents church. Thank you for the family you placed me in. Thank you for God fearing and God loving parents who directed me in the way I should go. Thank you for the patience and the unconditional love they gave me. Father, I ask a special blessing for the families of the ones listed above. Some have just recently lost their loved one. Give them peace and comfort to get thru the coming days and months. Give them wisdom for decisions being made in the absence of their loved one. Father you know what specifically touched me this morning in the teaching. Give me wisdom. Be my thoughts, be my words, just your love and grace be heard. In Jesus' name I pray.

This has been a great weekend in more ways than one. Labeling as I see it.

2 comments:

  1. Smiling with tears in my eyes. Thank you, Libby.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just could not keep silent! Love to all of you.

    ReplyDelete