After church, Roy wanted Kristi to call me and tell me time was nearing. Note: the nurse did not say this, I found out later, but Roy was scared not to call me. Wayne and I went up immediately. They had given her a bath in the bed and changed her sheets all in one sweep. Those girls are good!! She is nearer to heaven than she was yesterday. She is looking more rested in the bed now, not slumped over like before. Heart is beating like crazy, trying to keep things going. Her breathing is labored. With all this said, the nurses have not seen the signs yet of her last hours, and they are watching for them. BUT they also say with all the heart is having to do, she could go any minute. I call that her ACE-in-the-hole. Hopefully she won't have to linger and go thru all the signs of passing and God will take her quickly. I can't think of a single person who isn't praying God's timing is soon. Everyone is telling her it's ok to go. Finally the nurses got some backbone and put a stop to so many people in her room at one time. It's very stressful on Kathy. People cannot sit and say nothing to one another. So they chatter! Even softly, with everyone doing it, it's NOISE to Kathy. Now I'm not talking about softly whispering to Kathy some words of comfort and love.
It reminds me of my children's elementary school cafeteria. They had a Red Light and it started off green so the kids could talk among themselves. As the talk got louder, it would turn Yellow. If they didn't heed that warning, getting louder, then it would turn Red. It would stay on Red for a minute or two, if they were quiet. Then it would turn green and start the process over again. It's human nature to chat, just go somewhere else to do it. Once the nurses got a handle on the situation, she was calm again. She never woke up, but was disturbed with all the chatter.
Lordy mercy!! Visitors--Van, Jeff and Alecia, Barby Murdock, Bill and Willie Howard, John and Mary, Margaret, Joann, Jim, Tammi and Jason, Sherri, Wayne Fuller and Mary Ann Fuller.
If there's more, I'll probably hear about it.
Wayne and I left about 9p.m. She was resting peacefully. Best it's been in months. Her feet are not swollen. She was clammy today and seemed to have cooled off some. Her oxygen was low,so they put her back on oxygen the first time she's been on it since Wednesday. They said the clammy was from her heart working so hard.
Father God, I'm praying your timing is close at hand. I can hardly believe it was just a week ago, I was having great conversation with her. I will miss her terribly and I can never forget her with all my memories of our times together. As she comes thru the gates of heaven tell her to save a place for me by her. Tell her how much she is loved here on earth. She's always been in your hands, Lord, nothing's changed. May you be glorified thru her passing.
Labeling as I see it.
No comments:
Post a Comment