Kristi went home to Tucson, this morning. She has been great company and help to Roy and to Kathy also when Kathy was still here. She'll be back next month and hopes to come once a month or so. Karla has also been a comfort and help to them and will continue to help her dad in anyway he needs help. Tilda and Pearl are also there for him in cooking up some meals and helping him clean out "a few things" (wink wink). Roy plans to stay in John's Sunday School class as Kristi went with him last week and Tilda plans on going tomorrow with him.
I got to enjoy and bring home to Wayne the famous breakfast tacos from Baytown that Kenneth and Fran brought out this morning. yum, yum!! Of course, as always, the fellowship was the best part.
I'm pretty sure Roy knows he is loved by many and will have help from any number of people at a moment's call. Speaking of call...Kristi helped him set the cell phone to activate by voice command. I'm sure now he knows (and if he doesn't I will bang him with a 2x4 until he gets it) that he is someone with or without Kathleen. If it had not been for him working hard all his life, Kathleen would not have been able to be the influence she has been in so many lives. She might would have been working fulltime..9-5. I feel the same about my husband. Kathleen and I both wanted to be stay-at-home moms and we were able to do that for the most important times in our children's lives. She was a worker bee in many ministries but only with the blessings of Roy. She would not have done the things she did had she not had the full support of Roy. It's the perfect picture of oneness. And speaking of Roy...he has done his own ministries behind the scenes..helping her with props, gifts, crafts and work around the church building itself.
Marty Blevins said it best.... It's hard to envision a world without Kathy Fuller in it. That's what I'm having the most trouble with. I will get past it because I know MY GOD SHALL SUPPLY ALL MY NEEDS. And besides, Kathy is with us in many ways by the example she led and we will carry on the work of our Lord with the memories of her encouraging words.
Father God, I feel so privileged to have been blessed with such a godly and loyal friend. You have made some pretty impressionable thumbprints from the conveyor belt of life on me, but the ones from Kathy are some of the most memorable and emotional. Thank you Lord God, you are so good to me.
Oh, and that thing I said a few times ago about being the last blog about Kathy.... yeah, that's probably not true, 'cause things just keep popping in my head and I have to label it when and as I see it.
Love you Sweet Libby!
ReplyDelete