Thursday, August 5, 2010

Finality

There is nothing final about today. Well, not totally true! I will never see her in pain again or discomfort as she would call it. The next time I see her, will be when she meets me at the gates of Heaven. I will talk with her again. I will walk with her again, and neither of us will be fatigued or in pain. I will always love and miss her and I look forward to seeing her again.

I believe her service was what she wanted. It was Christ honoring. There was fellowship of family, friends of past and present coming together who loved Kathy and was touched by her life in some way. People thanked me for being such a good friend. I had the easy part. Anyone who knew her would know that to be true. She always looked for the good in people. She could probably see something good in Ted Bundy if given a chance. And that's just it! She saw everyone through the eyes of Jesus. Jesus died for Ted Bundy too. He didn't pick and choose who he would die for. John 3:16 says "For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten son. That WHOSOEVER believeth in Him, should not perish but have everlasting life" Kathy saw devine appointments in her life and did not waste them.

The time I was blessed with Kathy's friendship can never be lost. It's in the vault!! I don't expect to ever replace or duplicate our friendship. I do hope I can learn from it, to BE the friend to someone that she was to me. I pray I will not quench the Holy Spirit when feeling led to be the ears to hear, the eyes to see, the hands to do, the feet to go and the mouth to speak. I pray I will not be too wrapped up in my own life, so as to be ready to move at any given moment.

Father God, be with Roy and the girls tonight and give them peace and comfort and a good night's rest. Help them to take one day at a time and not to expect much from themselves. Help them to embrace their tears as something you created for such a time as this. I ask this for myself as well. Help me to accept the loss I feel as her gain. I know all the right things, but help them to go 18 inches below from my head to heart. It'll take time, you know. This happened quickly. Forgive me when it looks as though I've gotten it, only to slip again. You know it before I do. Thank you for BLESSED ASSURANCE!! Thank you for songs. Sometimes it's the songs I pray, when I don't know the words to say. I love you Lord and I ask these things in your Son's name.

The finality is this is the last blog on Kathy. You're welcome to keep reading, but
it's just me labeling as I see it.

4 comments:

  1. You did a beautiful job today, Libby. Y'all had a rare, wonderful friendship. I can't imagine Kathy's mansion being anywhere but next door to yours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Gwen, I would have loved to talk about Kathy but that's not what she wanted. Less of her, more of HIM. I wouldn't have wanted to do the "UGLY CRY" for all to see either! ha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you did great too. Love you, Mom!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Libby for this blog. Not once did I not cry when I read it. Dianna

    ReplyDelete