A quote from Nicole Johnson: Birthdays need to be celebrated. I think it is more important to celebrate a birthday than a successful exam, a promotion, or a victory. Why? To celebrate a birthday means to say to someone: "Thank you for being you." On a birthday, we do not say: "Thanks for what you did, or said, or accomplished." No, we say: "Thank you for being born and being among us." This is the heartbeat of celebrating friendship. Rejoicing, boasting the wonderful people in our lives. Not for what they do, but for who they are and for what they mean to us. "Thank you for being you." Throwing parties over friendship. Not just once a year on a birthday, but as often as we can. Parties in our souls. Gratitude. Celebrating life. (end of quote)
Yesterday was my mother's 84th birthday. She can have a birthday month as far as I'm concerned....
With that being said....Happy Birthday, Momma. Thank you for being born and being among us. Thank you for being you. I would not change a thing in my wonderful memories of you and Daddy raising me. Thank you for my Godly heritage. I love you with all that's in me. I'm so proud to be called your daughter. I love hearing..I look like my mother. It blesses me.
I love hearing I look like YOU!
ReplyDeleteIt's a good thing, then, huh? I love hearing that too, not to mention that it eats at Wayne. :)
ReplyDelete