Thursday, February 17, 2011

Cr-r-e-e-k-k.... Was that my hip???

Last Monday, January 31st., I was helping to arrange tables and chairs for Bible Study the next morning. It wasn't a single sudden move, but I do know it was the effort of many chairs and tables moved. My body decided that one more was one too many. It just got worse and worse to the point of not being able to walk without major pain. Left there, went straight to the chiropractor, just a block away. Lucky for me, it was lunch time, so I was able to walk right in. Uh... let me correct that..I hobbled right in, not being able to put weight on my hip. After 3 trips there, one of which included acupuncture, I was good to go the next morning. Thing is... I had no idea I would feel this good, so I didn't set my alarm in time to go to Bible Study.

The disheartening thing about all this was it kept me from going to my 1st cousin's funeral who had suddenly passed away the past week. I shudder to think what a 5 hr. trip one-way would have done to the injury. I so wanted to attend, though.

The following Thursday, was a banquet I was involved in. Lots of preparations and long day and night, had me nearly crawling out of bed the next morning. One more trip to chiropractor before the weekend made it worse. I didn't want anything to get in the way of going home the following week for my mother's birthday.

I'm doing ok, but I know it's there and just move carefully so as not to upset the body!


No comments:

Post a Comment