Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Tuesday Visit

This morning on the way out to Kathy's I stopped by Tractor Supply and bought a small LOUD bell for Kathy to ring when she needs help in any way. 2/3 of the way out, I realized I left my cell phone at home when I went to call their house and warn them I was coming. Boy did I feel naked without it. After arriving and having coffee with Roy, we decided we needed another bell and tie the bells to either side of the bed to alert us she was trying to get up from bed by herself. Twice Roy was awakened by her grunting trying to get up, sitting on the edge of the bed. (once at 3a.m. and once at 6a.m.) Assessment of the situation tells us she may not be lucid enough to ring the bell for help. that she just tries by herself. She doesn't move much in bed, so hopefully there won't be false alarms. Any other ideas are much appreciated.
Let's see visitors: niece Stacey, childhood friend Joann Clair, neighbor friend Sheryl Knight, friends-Carolyn and Bill Downs, John and Mary Schubert, Barby Murdock, Dianna Shinn, Ves and Chadda Caperton, nieces Tricia and Alex. I'm sure I left someone out, let me know, I'll add them.
Jeff Cashner came today to discuss arrangements. SHE WANTS VISITORS! Wake her, if she's asleep. She says she'll have plenty of time for sleep later. :)
We sang a few songs with her (Barby and me). I could hear her humming them. She wanted me to sing I Can Only Imagine, but I could only sing the chorus. My mind went senior for a minute, couldn't remember the verses. Came home and printed the words out to sing to her tomorrow.

She was misbehaving a little tonight. She refused to put the oxygen back on after Roy changed the nose piece. No amount of coaxing was working on her for about 30 minutes and then finally Kayli (the 13 yr.old granddaughter) just said "here let me put this back on for you" WHA_LA!!!
They had called me to maybe help convince her, but by the time I got there, Kayli had already done her magic! :) I stayed a little while. We got her to sit in the recliner sitting on this back massager thing-a-ma-gig and it felt good to her. I told her I would see her in the morning, and she'd better behave or they would call Nurse Rachett out again! joke, joke, people!!! She still has her sense of humor. She said she was being-having!!!

1 comment:

  1. Libby, they have bed alarms now. Could hospice get one for her? Please tell Kathy that I want to be just like her when I grow up!

    Love, Liz

    ReplyDelete